Car Upholstery Cleaning
Maintaining the appearance and indoor air quality of your vehicle interior, is important for health, and, the value of the car. This will help you when it’s time to trade it in or sell it. Here are a few helpful hints to help with car upholstery cleaning.
Car carpet or upholstery can be cleaned much the same way as furniture. Such as, lounge suites using the same type of sprays and steam extraction machine such as a truck mount.
So next time you get one cleaned it will work out more cost effective to get both done at the same time.
Give Auckland Steam n Dry a call for your best car upholstery clean Auckland Wide on 09-3767007.
Car Seat Cleaning & Stain Removal Guide
- Dilute coffee spills immediately with cool water and blot with paper towels or clean rags. If a stain remains after the spot dry, spray on a glass cleaners (yes, a glass cleaner!). Soak the area, allow to sit for five minutes, and blot.
- Most greasy carpeting and upholstery stains can be removed by rubbing on paint thinner with a clean, 100-percent cotton cloth. Or, cover the spot with cornmeal and let it sit overnight and vacuum in the morning.
- Hairspray will lift out pen ink stains on carpeting or upholstery. Salt will also lift the stain out of the carpet. Repeat if necessary.
- Carsickness stains, from children, pets or adults, should be diluted and neutralized (vomit is acidic) with club soda or a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Blood stains on carpets or upholstery, Whether animal or human, cover with a paste made up of dry laundry starch and cold water. (Do not use hot water, as it will set the stain). Allow to dry, then brush or vacuum the residue away.
- If alcohol spills while on your way home from the grocery store.
Steam Cleaning Car upholstery
- To clean vinyl seats quickly, wipe them with baking soda on a damp rag. Rinse with dish washing detergent and water. Baking soda is gentler on vinyl than oil-based cleaners, which will cause the vinyl to harden.
- For general carpet or upholstery stains for your car upholstery cleaning, take a gallon of hot water, a generous amount of dish detergent, and add a cup of white vinegar. You’ll need a hard bristle brush to work the mixture thoroughly into the carpet fibres. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Blot until dry with towels or thick absorbent rags. (This also works well for pet stains).
- To brighten a fading carpet, first vacuum, then use a sponge mop to lightly apply a mixture of a half cup clear ammonia to one pint of water. Test this mixture on a discrete area of carpeting of first. Note: Do not use ammonia on wool carpeting.
Car Cleaners Problem Solving
- If carpeting begins to smell, sprinkle or spray on a safe germicide. Then let it sit undisturbed for an hour before vacuum up both dirt and unpleasant smells.
- Carpet edges starting to fray? Paint carpet seams and edges with a liquid resin, found in craft and fabric stores, to hold the fibres in place.
- Before your vehicle carpet begin to show excessive wear and tear, vacuum them just as you would at home. If the situation is really bad, you might consider renting a steam cleaning-machine available at most supermarkets. If you do, be sure to bring up all the water when you’re done, as stepping on a wet carpet only will damage the fibres further.
- Spraying a mixture of five parts water and one part liquid fabric softener onto your carpet will lessen carpet static and remove the light shock that occurs when you touch metal objects.
- If objects stored in the back of your sport/utility vehicle have left indentations in the carpeting, place a damp towel over the spot and press lightly with an iron on a low setting. The indentation will rise as the towel dry. Be careful not to leave the iron on the spot for too long as synthetic fibres can melt.
- To keep car mats looking brand new, wax them with a liquid shoe wax polish. This will also make them much easier to rinse clean during the car upholstery cleaning.