Car Upholstery Cleaning
Car upholstery cleaning is what Auckland Steam n Dry first provided starting in 1987. We firstly cleaned Japanese imported cars that were often black with pollution soot, so the cars were in need of a deep down restorative car upholstery cleaning. Car upholstery cleaning is the foundation of Auckland Steam n Dry’s over 30 years experience.
Maintaining the appearance and indoor air quality of your car interior is important for health and the value of the car. This will help you when it’s time to trade it in or sell it. Here are a few helpful hints to help with car upholstery cleaning:
Car upholstery cleaning can be cleaned much the same way as furniture. Such as lounge suites using the same type of sprays and steam extraction machine such as a truck mount. So next time you get one clean, it will work out more cost effective to have both done at the same time.
For the Auckland car upholstery cleaning experts, call Auckland Steam n Dry 0800 783-266, or email.
Car Seat Cleaning & Stain Removal Guide
- Dilute coffee spills immediately with cool water and blot with paper towels or clean rags. If a stain remains after the spot has dried, spray on a glass cleaner (yes, a glass cleaner!). Soak the area, allow to sit for five minutes, and blot.
- Most greasy carpeting and upholstery stains can be removed by rubbing on paint thinner with a clean, 100-percent cotton cloth. Or, cover the spot with cornmeal and let it sit overnight, the vacuum in the morning.
- Hairspray will lift out pen ink stains on carpeting or upholstery. Salt will also lift the stain out of the carpet. Repeat if necessary.
- Carsickness stains, from children, pets or adults, should be diluted and neutralized (vomit is acidic) with club soda or a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Blood stains on carpets or upholstery, Whether animal or human, cover with a paste made up of dry laundry starch and cold water. (Do not use hot water, as it will set the stain). Allow to dry, then brush or vacuum the residue away.
- If alcohol spills while on your way home from the grocery store.
Steam Clean Car Upholstery Cleaning
- To clean vinyl seats quickly, wipe them with baking soda on a damp rag. Rinse with dishwashing detergent and water. Baking soda is gentler on vinyl than oil-based cleaners, which will cause the vinyl to harden.
- For general carpet or upholstery stains for your car upholstery cleaning, take a gallon of hot water, a generous amount of dish detergent, and add a cup of white vinegar. You’ll need a hard bristle brush to work the mixture thoroughly into the carpet fibers. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Blot until dry with towels or thick absorbent rags. (This also works well for pet stains).
- To brighten a fading carpet, the first vacuum, then use a sponge mop to lightly apply a mixture of a half cup clear ammonia to one pint of water. Test this mixture on a discrete area of carpeting of first. Note: Do not use ammonia on wool carpeting!
Car Seat Cleaners Problem Solving
- If carpeting begins to smell, sprinkle or spray on a safe germicide. Then, let it sit undisturbed for an hour before vacuum up both dirt and unpleasant smells.
- Does the carpet edge start to fray? Paint carpet seams and edges with a liquid resin, found in craft and fabric stores, to hold the fibers in place.
- Before your vehicle carpet begin to show excessive wear and tear, vacuum them just as you would at home. If the situation is really bad, you might consider renting a steam cleaning-machine available at most supermarkets. If you do, be sure to bring up all the water when you’re done, as stepping on a wet carpet only will damage the fibers further.
- Spraying a mixture of five parts water and one part liquid fabric softener onto your carpet will lessen carpet static and remove the light shock that occurs when you touch metal objects.
- If objects stored in the back of your sport/utility vehicle have left indentations in the carpeting, place a damp towel over the spot and press lightly with an iron on a low setting. The indentation will rise as the towel dry. Be careful not to leave the iron on the spot for too long as synthetic fibers can melt.
- To keep car mats looking brand new, wax them with a liquid shoe wax polish. This will also make them much easier to rinse clean during the car upholstery cleaning.
For the Auckland car upholstery cleaning experts, phone Auckland Steam n Dry 0800 783-266, or email.