Car Upholstery Cleaning Auckland
Car upholstery cleaning is what Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry first provided starting back in 1987, so over 32 years experience in car upholstery cleaning. Auckland wide. We firstly cleaned specialized in cleaning the interiors of Japanese imported cars in the 1980s, that was often black with pollution soot, so the cars were in need of a deep-down restorative car upholstery cleaning. Car upholstery cleaning is the foundation of Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry inside car cleaning services with over 3 decades of experience.
Maintaining the appearance and indoor air quality of your car interior is important for health and the value of the car. This will help you when it’s time to trade it in or sell it. Here are a few helpful hints to help with car upholstery cleaning:
Car upholstery cleaning can be cleaned much the same way as furniture. Such as lounge suites using the same type of sprays and steam extraction machine such as a truck mount. So next time you get one clean, it will work out more cost-effective to have both done at the same time.
For the Auckland car seat cleaning experts, call Auckland Steam n Dry 0800 783-266, or email.
Car Seat Cleaning & Stain Removal Guide
- Dilute coffee spills. These inside car cleaning tips are provided by Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry. Immediately with cool water and blot with paper towels or clean rags. If a stain remains after the spot has dried, spray on a glass cleaner (yes, a glass cleaner!). Soak the area, allow to sit for five minutes, and blot.
- Most greasy carpeting and upholstery stains can be removed by rubbing on paint thinner with a clean, 100-percent cotton cloth. Or, cover the spot with cornmeal and let it sit overnight, the vacuum in the morning.
- Hairspray will lift out pen ink stains on inside car seat upholstery or carpet. Salt will also lift the stain out of the carpet. Repeat if necessary.
- Carsickness stains, from children, pets or adults inside car upholstery or carpet cleaner should be diluted and neutralized (vomit is acidic) with club soda or a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Bloodstains on car interior carpets or upholstery, Whether animal or human, cover with a paste made up of dry laundry starch and cold water. (Do not use hot water, as it will set the carpet or seat stain). Allow to dry, then brush or vacuum the residue away.
- If alcohol spills while on your way home from the grocery store.
Inside Car Cleaning
- To clean vinyl car seats quickly, wipe them with baking soda on a damp rag. Rinse with dishwashing detergent and water. Baking soda is gentler on vinyl than oil-based car seat cleaners, which will cause the vinyl to harden.
- For general carpet or upholstery stains for your car upholstery cleaning, take a liter of hot water, a generous amount of dish detergent, and add a cup of white vinegar. You’ll need a hard bristle brush to work the cleaner thoroughly into the car seat and carpet fibers. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Blot until dry with towels or thick absorbent rags. (This also works well for pet stains).
- To brighten a fading inside car seat upholstery and carpet, the first vacuum, then, use a sponge mop cleaner to lightly apply a mixture of half-cup clear ammonia to one pint of water. Test this mixture on a discrete area of the car seat or carpets area first.
Car Seat Cleaning
- If the inside car seats or carpet begin to smell, sprinkle or spray on a safe germicide. Then get a professional car seat cleaning company to remove both dirt and unpleasant smells.
- Does the car carpet edge start to fray? Paint carpet seams and edges with a liquid resin, found in craft and fabric stores, to hold the fibers in place.
- Before your vehicle carpet begin to show excessive wear and tear, vacuum clean them just as you would at home. If the situation is really bad, you might consider hiring a professional car seat cleaning company. If you do, be sure to bring up all the water when you’re done, as stepping on a wet carpet only will damage the fibers further.
- Spraying a mixture of five parts water and one part liquid fabric softener cleaner onto your car carpet or seat, this will lessen seat and carpet static and remove the light shock that occurs when you touch metal objects.
- If objects stored in the back of your vehicle have left indentations in the carpets, place a damp towel over the spot and press lightly with an iron on a low setting. The indentation will rise as the towel dry. Then call a professional car seat cleaning company Be careful not to leave the iron on the spot for too long as synthetic fibers can melt.
- To keep car mats looking brand new, wax them with a liquid shoe wax polish. This will also make them much easier to rinse clean during the inside car upholstery seat cleaning.
For the Auckland car upholstery cleaning experts, phone Auckland Steam n Dry 0800 783-266, or email.