Upholstery Cleaners Tips
We spend the majority of our free time in the heart of the home: the living room. Whether you’re entertaining, or just relaxing, the last thing you want to see is a big water ring on your sofa, or smell a foul odour coming from the spot where your dog usually sleeps in. Steam ‘n’ Dry Upholstery Cleaning Auckland is here to serve West Auckland, North Shore, East, South Auckland, and Hibiscus Coast.
So what makes Steam ‘n’ Dry Upholstery Cleaning Auckland service different from other companies that offer upholstery cleaning in Liverpool? Well, for a start, we carry out a deep & thorough upholstery restoration process that consistently produces impressive results – not a ‘quick clean.’ We use hot water extraction methods, as well as impregnated compounds, which Steam ‘n’ Dry Upholstery Cleaning Auckland service brush into furnishings and then remove them with a powerful vacuum. For the professionals at Steam ‘n’ Dry Upholstery Cleaning Auckland Services Phone 0800 110 282, or email us.
You have that favourite chair or couch, and you don’t want to get rid of it. It is like an old shoe, worn out but comfortable. Is there an alternative to replacing it with something new? You bet there is.
Upholstery has to be maintained regularly because the furniture is soiled so frequently. Body oils, bacteria, germs, dust mites, mould spores, allergens, and bugs lurk in places that we cannot see.
Steam ‘n’ Dry Upholstery Cleaning Auckland services job is to thoroughly clean, sanitise, deodorise, remove stains, and protect your furniture. It’s our job to make sure your furniture is clean and safe for you, your family, and your guests! Dirt, grease, and dust will build up over time and soil your furniture. Regular vacuuming helps, but there comes a time when this no longer fits the bill. It is time to call in the professionals to give that worn piece of furniture a new lease on life. Steam ‘n’ Dry Upholstery Cleaning Auckland service can come to your rescue.
By using the most advanced piece of upholstery cleaning equipment, truck-mounted. We can guarantee to thoroughly clean any type of upholstered furniture in almost no time at all. When Steam ‘n’ Dry Upholstery Cleaning Auckland service provides you with a professional upholstery cleaning service, you’ll get.
Upholstery Virus & Bacteria Disinfection Clean
Capable Truck mounts hot steam cleaners kill and removes viruses, bacteria, germs, dust mites, and other pathogens from interior car upholstery if the steam is over 70C hot. For more peace of mind, Auckland Steam ‘n’ Dry truck-mounted cleaners not only use 85C hot steam at the interior car upholstery point of contact, but we also have.
Pre-spraying your mattress and mattress bed with an FDA approved antiviral disinfecting sanitise treatment. Before performing Hot Water Extraction on your mattress beds to eliminate risks from Sars COVID-19 corona viruses, bacteria germs, bed bugs, dust mites, and other pathogens.
Mattress Antiviral Disinfecting Sanitise to Kills Corona Viruses & Bacteria. After 15 minutes of waiting time, the disinfectant has eliminated 99.999% of all germs in your mattress bed, including viruses such as Coronavirus, MRSA and Hepatitis B. Our specialists then perform Hot Water Extraction cleaning to sanitise your mattresses thoroughly.
How to Upholstery Clean DIY
Maintaining the appearance of your upholstery and vehicle inside as well as out retains the value of the car. Here are a few helpful hints to help you with upholstery cleaning. Specifically, tackle the spills and spots:
- Dilute coffee spills immediately with lukewarm water and blot with paper towels or clean rags. If a stain remains after the stain dries, spray on a glass cleaner (yes, a glass cleaner!). Soak the area, allow to sit for five minutes, and blot. Glass cleaner cleans all types of carpeting and upholstery without leaving the soapy residue of most traditional carpet cleaners. These only attract more dirt afterward. Glass cleaner usually is effective on even the most difficult stains. After your upholstery is cleaned, it’s time to stain protect, which limits further staining.
- Most greasy carpeting and upholstery stains can by rubbing on paint thinner with a clean, 100-percent cotton cloth. Then cover the stain with salt until the remaining grease is absorbed and vacuum. Or cover the spot with cornmeal and let it sit overnight and vacuum in the morning. Note: Test the effect of the paint thinner on the colorfastness of the carpeting and upholstery in a discrete area first.
- Hairspray will lift out pen ink stains on carpeting or upholstery. Salt will also lift the stain out of the carpet. Allow sitting until the mark is absorbed and brush off. Repeat if necessary.
- Dilute and neutralise (Vomit is acidic) carsickness stains from children, pets, or adults with club soda or a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Mix a paste made up of dry laundry starch and cold water to cover bloodstains on carpeting or upholstery, whether animal or human. (Do not use hot water, as it will set the stain.) Allow to dry, then brush or vacuum the residue away.
- Though you should never drink and drive, Alcohol may spill while on your way home from the grocery store. Immediately diluting Beer and alcohol spills with cold water on your carpeting will help to ensure they don’t permanently change the color.
- To clean vinyl seats quickly, wipe them with baking soda on a damp rag. Rinse with dishwashing detergent and water. Baking soda is gentler on vinyl than oil-based cleaners, which will cause the vinyl to harden.
- For general carpet or upholstery stains, take 3 liters of hot water, a generous amount of dish detergent, and add a cup of white vinegar. You’ll need a hard bristle brush to work the mixture thoroughly into the carpet fibers. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Blot until dry with towels or thick absorbent rags. (This also works well for pet stains).
- Fading carpet? The first vacuum, then use a sponge mop to lightly apply a mixture of half-cup clear ammonia to one pint of water. Test this mixture on a discrete area of carpeting of first. Note: Do not use ammonia on wool carpeting.
- Carpeting beginning to smell? Sprinkle on 20-Mule Team Borax generously, and then let it sit undisturbed for an hour before vacuum up both dirt and unpleasant smells.
- When taking your dog off-road with you? Apply a second application of pest control will kill fleas and their eggs.
- Does the carpet edge start to fray? Paint carpet seams and sides with a liquid resin, found in craft and fabric stores, to hold the fibers in place.
- Before your vehicle carpet and upholstery begin to show excessive wear and tear, vacuum them just as you would at home. Vacuuming lifts the fibres back upright and counteracts the long-term ill effects of the dirt. If the situation is terrible, you might consider renting a steam cleaning-machine available at most supermarkets. If you do, be sure to bring up all excess water. Stepping on a wet carpet will damage the fibres further.
- Spraying a mixture of five parts water and one part liquid fabric softener onto your carpets will lessen carpet static and remove the light shock that occurs when you touch metal objects.
- If objects stored in the back of your sport/utility vehicle have left indentations in the carpeting, place a damp towel over the spot and press lightly with an iron on a low setting. The indentation will rise as the cloth dries. Be careful not to leave the iron on the spot for too long as synthetic fibers can melt.
- To keep car mats looking brand new, wax them with a liquid shoe wax polish.
This page was written by Graeme Stephens 2001 IICRC Certified Master Restoration Technician with over 32 years of upholstery cleaning experience.
Published: 21 April 2020